English 4, Post 5 [FINAL], 'Changes to my study programme'

 

 Warm Salutations,


This week, I am bringing to you the fifth and final blog session.



In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following class assignment:



Write about some changes that could be made to your study programme

Among others, think about:

> The curriculum (the subjects you have to study)
> Workload and length of studies
> Faculty facilities (buildings and infrastructure)
> Use of technology
> Teaching Methods


- Word Count: 230
- Leave comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts and your teacher's blog entry 



As I always do, I leave you with a sample post,


"I think I would not change any of the subjects from the undergraduate programme I studied. They are OK and I have no complaints whatsoever. The curriculum was probably meant to cover every single aspect of English Linguistics and Literature. What it did not cover was Spanish Linguistics, and of course, I did not study Spanish Linguistics. Even though I took a subject on Spanish Grammar and Introduction to Literary Studies completely in Spanish, it was not complete enough to say that I received enough linguistic training in Spanish Linguistics and Literature.


That being so, and focusing on the workload and length of studies, I think they were kind of appropriate since we were university students and we were meant to be there from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm. We, as students, were taking a full-time academic workload and it was OK as well. Furthermore, I would say this training in English Linguistics, formally speaking at least, helped enormously to create a sense of discipline of study and on this matter, a full-time formal training was also OK.  


On another tone, The Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities falls into dark times concerning the not very amicable status of its facilities and use of technology. When entering the faculty’s facilities one can feel a terrible sense of isolation from the outside world. What I mean to say is that there is not a single trace of technology from this century.

In an overall appraisal, I would say I liked the programme in itself. As I already said, it was nothing else but formal training in Linguistics in four years.  Boring you might say, but quite useful". 


What about you?

Cheers!

Comments

  1. It is good that there has not been much criticism of the curriculum, it is a pity that there has not been such an optimal space for the development of these studies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my program changes were listened to, I would have to build the faculty from scratch hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don´t how you survived to your lenght of studies, Ithey were too long days. you didn´t have enough time in the afternoon, I guess you weren't slepping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good that the curriculum tries to cover all aspects of the career. I think it is always good to take other courses to complement the ones in the curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. always waiting for this university to improve its facilities to the level of what beauchef has

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 4, Post 1, 'A country you would like to visit'

English 4, Post 2, 'Choosing between: (a) The best holidays or (b) The best concert'

English 4, Post 3, ' 'My dream job'