English 4, Post 4, 'Time Travel to the past or future'

 Warm Salutations,


This week, I am bringing to you the fourth out of five blog sessions.


In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following class assignment:


Write about an imaginary time travel to the past or future:


  • Where would you like to go? Why?

  • What time in the future? / What time in the past?

  • Would you like to stay there? Why/Why not?

  • Upload pictures (optional)


Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher’s entry


Word count: 220 words

 

 

As usual, as you’re used to, I leave you an entry that you can take as a point of reference to write one of your own:


Future? Why? I do not know If I want to travel to the future, to be honest. What for? To acquire a ton of information that might be helpful for mankind, I suppose. Well, if I have to be honest, I wouldn’t mind if a take a short trip and find out what will become of humanity in a few decades, or even centuries. 


First of all, I would like to travel for 2 weeks in the future to find out what will become of some errands I have to make in two weeks’ time. If these errands turn out to be OK, my next journey will be in a few years, 4 or 5 let’s say. I think it will be pretty good to know [for sure and in exact terms] if I and my family will be OK in such a short time frame [4 or 5 years is such a really short time, don’t you think?]. Are we going to be OK? I think it’s up to this little journey to find out about it.


Once I had made sure that every acquaintance and family member will be OK, I think I will turn into an informant for future events that will involve us all as humans and people. Well, it will not do any harm if I can make some money with a little bit of information about some sports statistics, not that I will cause a major time and space collapse, I think. [any related events to a time travel movie called ‘Back to the Future’ are only mere and accidental coincidence].


Finally, I think I will look for information about time travel, to make this experience safer for the right people: engineers, scientists and anyone who is willing to and that can bring actual progress to our contemporary human landscape. However, if I think about travelling to the future even further, I think I will prefer to leave the world as it is and worry about my present. I know you will probably be thinking that this is a very cheap and anticlimactic way to end a blog entry, and it is. It’s not that is a good idea to mess with future events, either. 


Anyway, let’s turn the page over and see what would you do if you were able to travel a few moments or centuries in the past or future. Thanks for reading. Cheers!



Comments

  1. I think it is a very Brave decision to go into the future because you would have information that no one else knows. What if they don't believe me and say I'm crazy? No, thak you

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very crazy and interesting to travel in time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your idea of ​​traveling to the future is interesting, but I prefer to travel to the past

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a very interesting and practical way of thinking about time travel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also like to travel to the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder, would it be nice to let others use that? I think humanity will always find a way to ruin it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 4, Post 1, 'A country you would like to visit'

English 4, Post 2, 'Choosing between: (a) The best holidays or (b) The best concert'

English 4, Post 3, ' 'My dream job'